Get to Know Us: 21 Questions
Updated: May 14, 2018
1. Morning or night?
Erika: Early morning or late night - either time when things are calm and quiet.
Erin: Morning. It’s a struggle to stay awake past 9 p.m. these days.
2. What bends your mind every time you think about it?
Erika: The meaning of life. Too much?
Erin: I grew and carried my child inside my body.
3. What is one thing you love about entrepreneurship?
Erika: Contributing to initiatives that matter to me, and having the flexibility to create time for them.
Erin: The flexibility it provides me, my family, Erika and our clients.
4. What is one challenge you didn’t expect from entrepreneurship?
Erika: Having difficulty getting to sleep because of racing thoughts and ideas.
Erin: Keeping on top of our content - nurturing our social media channels and sticking with a blog schedule. I have always appreciated the amount of work that goes into this having helped so many clients but my appreciation has grown exponentially since we’ve started doing it for ourselves.
5. What is your favourite part about public relations?
Erika: Communicating with an audience in a language they appreciate.
Erin: Strengthening partnerships. Executing a successful event.
6. What is one quote you live by?
Erika: It’s not a quote, but “breathe”
Erin: "Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn."
7. What is something most people don’t know about you?
Erika: I’ve never dyed my hair.
Erin: I spent my free time in my twenties and early thirties traveling, mostly around the North American music festival circuit - Bonnaroo, Coachella, Osheaga and Austin City Limits to name a few. I have also been to Tijuana and do not recommend it.
8. What is a bad habit of yours?
Erika: Interrupting someone mid-sentence
Erin: I worry about the unknown too much.
9. Who inspires you?
Erika: The person I want to become
Erin: So many people - my husband, my daughter - they give me such a drive to do more and be better; my parents and brother who are the hardest working and most giving people I know; and outside of family, I have always admired Cathy Bennett for her resilience, bravery and business success.
10. What are you currently watching?
Erika: This is Us - still yet to cry though
Erin: Ru Paul’s Drag Race All Stars Season 2
11. What is the best meal you’ve ever had?
Erika: Slaw salad at LEE Restaurant in Toronto
Erin: Locally, arctic char at Raymonds.
12. If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
Erika: To visit my sister (also an Erin) in Australia
Erin: Italy for the food. Hawaii for the vibe.
13. What is your favorite family tradition?
Erika: Reading the Night Before Christmas every Christmas Eve
Erin: Coffee and mimosas with Chris on Christmas morning
14. How do you recharge?
Erika: A night in with my boyfriend, Tyler, listening to music
Erin: By getting on a plane (or in the car) for a getaway
15. What characteristic do you most admire in others?
16. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?
Erika: Shopping for other people
17. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
Erin: I had to google this - apparently California is further than Spain!
18. There are two types of people in this world. What are the two types?
Erika: Those who overthink and those who jump in with two feet.
Erin: Dog lovers and cat lovers.
19. If you could give one piece of advice about public speaking, what would it be?
Erika: Practice makes better
Erin: Count to three before you start.
20. What would be your spirit animal?
Erika: According to spiritanimal.info, a wolf.
Erin: According to myrealpersonality.com, it’s an eagle.
21. What’s your cure for hiccups?
Erika: Alternating between deep breaths and holding your breath.
Erin: Ask yourself (or others): When is the last time you ate spaghetti?